PREPARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL FUTURE WITH A
MASTER’S DEGREE IN AUSTRALIA
More and more international students come to Australia to do master’s studies attracted by the quality of the universities (six of them top 100 in the world according to the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2020) and the work and family benefits that only this country has: work permit during and after your studies, and the possibility of including your partner and / or dependents on your visa.
At LAE we have worked for nearly 20 years as representatives of the best Australian universities in Latin America. Our job is to advise you on the best study options and facilitate your admission process, obtaining a visa, finding accommodation and everything that involves your study project, including the search and application for funding and scholarships in your country.
Why do a master’s degree in Australia?
The quality of education for foreign students in Australia is guaranteed by the Australian Government through the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act. Institutions must meet a set of requirements, and are constantly monitored and verified. In addition, they must be registered in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). Enrollment requires proof that the degrees issued meet Australian educational standards.
What are the universities like in Australia?
Six Australian universities are in the top 100 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020. These are: University of Melbourne (32), Australian National University (50), University of Sydney (60), The University of Queensland (66), UNSW Sydney (71) and Monash University (75).
This is just one of 32 university rankings in which all 43 Australian universities are listed, including rankings for specific knowledge areas. For example:
- Curtin University of Technology excels in areas such as engineering, mining, oil and gas.
- Monash University is a leader in medicine, pharmacy, and healthcare.
- Griffith University takes first place in the area of business, tourism and hospitality management.
- The University of Queensland is very strong with its natural and environmental science programs.
- Careers in the social sciences and humanities, as well as anthropology, are the most prominent programs at Australian National University.
- The University of Queensland excels in animal science and agriculture.
- While The University of Melbourne is excellent in communication science and journalism.
- The University of Sydney, for its part, excels in English, language arts and literature programs.
Choosing the right university is very important for your professional future. We recommend that once you know the program you want to study, you look for the university that has the greatest recognition in that specific field. You can base yourself on world rankings such as the QS World University Rankings or the Shanghai Ranking and on rankings by specialty, employability indexes, average salary, etc. In addition, for your experience to be complete, take into account aspects such as the location of your university, job offers in the place, extracurricular and leisure activities, etc.